Tuesday 29 June 2010

Oooh the iPod touch.

Thing 14 and this week we got to play with our library iPod touch and have a good hard think about how mobile technology works. Well...we all had great fun playing with all the applications and I think we agreed a lot of them would be very useful (in particular maps and access to the internet on the go). In our inevitable fast moving world where everyone is so much more go-go-go, the applications have the potential for students, researchers and the like to look things up quickly, watch videos, renew their books and do a whole manner of other things (nearly anything you could think of I think...) much more speedily than before...and it fits in your pocket and you can do this anywhere! Still not convinced if I'd prefer an iPad over an iPhone or Touch to be honest for this very reason (isn't it just a giant version of the small, cute, iPhone?)

The general concensus in the team was the Touch was a handy little thing indeed...although it did take a while to get used to the touch screen but we all seemed to get the knack of it in the end. What will Apple come up with next, I wonder?


juanpol

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the library has a Ipod Touch, am very jealous, I have always wanted one but have a perfectly adequate Ipod Nano, so have never invested in one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em,

    You will have to have a play on the touch next time you come for a visit :-) I have one of the old 'white bricks' you can see in my blogpost pic, but mostly I just use my shuffle now. I really want them to come up with an ipod I can use when I go swimming...how cool would that be?!

    ReplyDelete