Tuesday 18 May 2010

Thing 4

Thing 4 proved quite troublesome to me as whilst searching Google blogs on the enquiry desk I somehow managed to click on a link that then gave the computer a virus...panic! So 23 things can now also be credited with teaching me a lesson about being careful about what links I click onto! If anyone has any other tips about avoiding viruses (apart from the obvious about having updated anti-virus software) I'd be interested to know!

Drumroll and here is my 'thing 4' found via searching Google blogs...

http://www.blogminster.com - a blog following all MP blogs/tweets and general political drama. (I did originally have something a little more fun but after the virus experience I decided to stick with some snoozy safe politics)

2 comments:

  1. Well done on breaking the computer ;) Interesting site, would have been good to follow in the run up to the election. Still, we'll know for next time. What was the interesting site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use which Firefox (which I am not sure you do) you can add a plug in called McAfee SiteAdvisor which is meant to be in the process of checking lots of websites to check if they are safe. So when you search on google (and at the bottom of every webpage), a site will either have a green tick (all is good) something yellow (it could be a little dodgy) or a red cross (don't touch with a barge pole), there is also a grey question mark (it hasn't been checked yet) and you can click on the ? to get that site checked.

    ReplyDelete